Dr Ekaterina Popova
I am a global ocean modeller with 60+ peer-reviewed publications in the area of modelling biophysical interactions. I lead the ocean biogeochemistry modelling sub-group.
My main area of expertise is in the impact of climate change on ocean dynamics and ecosystems.
I am particularly interested in two regions:
-The Arctic Ocean and its transition to the seasonally ice-free state under continuous global warming and
-Western Indian Ocean and climate impacts on its living marine resources.
As well as my scientific research, I am interested in policy and industry uptake of global high resolution modelling in the following areas:
- Impact of climate change on living marine resources
- Environmental risk assessment of potential oil spills
- Navigability of the Arctic sea routes
- Risk of oil spills in Arctic from increased exploration and transportation
- Adaptation to climate change in communities dependent on living marine resources
- Ocean geoengineering