Deep Sea Mining
Deep-sea mining is a relatively new process used to retrieve minerals from extreme ocean depths. Sites where mineral retrieval occurs are often home to extensive hydrothermal vent systems or large polymetallic nodules on the ocean floor, from which the minerals are extracted.
The NOC is working in collaboration with the deep-sea mining industry.
- Promoting and enable sustainable use of natural resources from the sea
- Understanding mineral deposit formation process
- Developing new exploration techniques and strategies to identify and characterise ocean resources
- Providing deep water environmental impact assessment and monitoring strategies
- Interface between legal and technical aspects of marine policy making and implementation.
Please contact us to discuss your specific requirements at firstname.lastname@example.org.